Saturday, October 13, 2012

"That's What I Tell Myself When I Walk Into Your Critiques" -F.M


Wednesday October 10th 2012:

Mid Semester Critique has come and gone.
I thought it went pretty well overall,
I am glad to have had the help of my classmates
hone my eye in on what the meaning behind my Mouth series really is.
I believe that you all are right:
This series is a examination of what we voluntarily and involuntarily do with our mouths.
I was excited after critique to know what the pros and cons were of my works.
To learn what was working and what needed to be thought about more.
I encourage a tough critique.
I enjoy it.
And if you can make me mad
More power to you.

I am still pondering on different ways in which to mount this series
I am set on the grid
But opening my eyes to new ways to format a grid will be the time consuming part.
I feel that I will be printing allot of mock ups in the near future.
I also know that I need to order paper samples so I know what I want to print on.


Thursday October 11th 2012:

With the help of my attentive assistant
I was very productive.
I shot 6 different people
1. Sergei
2."McMuffin" <--- yup you know who you are
3.Sobia
4.Jay
5. Sausan
6.Miscellaneous girl Sarah

What an interesting and dynamic shoot that was.
I am glad that I took the time to look into phrases that
stimulated muscle movement
curtsy of Anchor Man
It helped me to know what to look for
and opened my eyes to the same phrases different effect on an individual

McMuffin sure does know how to hit the high note on "ShamPOOOOOOOO"
I had great models and a great time.
It was all in all a successful day
Having planned out the shoots
Tiring non the less...
And had to pay my assistant
(in wine)
But I am glad i did it!

I am disappointed that the Macro did not give me the results that I expected
And I am working again with the 18-55 mm lens.
there goes $60 but it was a learning experience... i guess.

I would like to set up at least one more shooting day in the manner that I previously did.
hopefully my assistant wont be tired of my guts by then...
Because i couldn't have done it without him.

Friday October 12th 2012:

It was Ben Rollins opening night!
It was nice to see what a turn out he had
and what i can hopefully plan for when it's my turn for my thesis show.
His framing and prints were beautiful and clean.
I truly appreciate that.
It was also nice to briefly speak with the artist
and to mingle with a few other fellow students.
AH! people finally know me...kinda... I don't feel like the new kid anymore... at least not to much.
All in all it was a great trip out minus the parking lot of idiots...
and the oh so sweet comment by McMuffin
stating that he must lower his standards when he comes into our critiques.

OKAY FOREST!!!
bring it!
.... with all due respect of course :)

Let the learning continue and this blogger blog on!!

Oh one more thing:

A word for the wise.... 
Don't be negative,
Date a photographer..
And see what develops.


^Get it?!... You're welcome.

-SME

No comments:

Post a Comment